Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
TIP: I used a cupcake tin to hold the tomatoes together while baking!
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
62 calories per half tomato.
Just made these! Such an easy, delicious, healthy snack!
Spaghetti Squash….Leftover style!
So you made some Spaghetti Squash (if you haven’t and want to make some, go here!). Anyway, now you have leftovers :insert ominous music here: Fear no more! I didn’t feel like making another dinner dish with my leftover squash so I opted for a quick, breakfast recipe instead!
Just like the Spaghetti Squash strands fill in for regular spaghetti, the texture of S.Sq can also replace shredded potatoes that make up most hash brown recipes!
— — — — — — — — — — — — —
What You’ll Need
-Some olive oil or light cooking spray
-2 egg whites
-Feta cheese (for topping) or any cheese you want, really
-Salt/Pepper to taste
-Heat a lightly oiled skillet on medium high
-Add a large spoonful of S.Sq on a skillet. Don’t spread it out! You want everything to stay together. Your S.Sq will start to sizzle. This is ok.
-Add your egg whites (slowly!) on top of your S.Sq pile. This is when you press down on the S.Sq with a cooking spatula. The egg whites will start to solidify and make the S.Sq strands stick together into something that resembles hash browns.
-After a minute or so on medium/low heat, use your spatula to flip your S.Sq hash brown! Press down so you get a flat looking hash-brown (and so all the egg whites are cooked)
-Once flipped, flip again for good measure.
-You’re done! Plate your hash browns, add some cheese and enjoy how easy it was to get rid of your leftovers!
Have leftovers you want to get rid of? Message me your ingredients and I’ll come up with a recipe for you!
While this isn’t vegan, it’s still a delicious and quick breakfast so I feel the need to share with the fitblr community. [Make sure to buy free range eggs!]
- preheat oven to 425, have cast iron pan in there
- Slice avocado in half, take out pit
- take pan out, put avocado half on, crack egg in
- put whatever you want on top
- place in oven and cook till your eggs [are done how you] desire
Todays lunch! Grilled 2 slices Genesis whole wheat bread, mozzarella, kale, tomato, and tempeh! yummy :)
88 Snacks Under 100 Calories
Originally from The Greatist
- Mini PB&F: One fig Newton with 1 teaspoon peanut butter.
- Chocolate Banana: Half a frozen banana [this size] dipped in two squares of melted dark chocolate.
- Frozen grapes (any color): 1 cup (about 28 grapes), stuck in the freezer for 2+ hours.
- Honeyed Yogurt: ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey.
- Spiced Orange: One orange— about the size of a tennis ball— sprinkled with cinnamon.
- Grilled Pineapple: 2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled (or sautéed) for two minutes or until golden.
- Berries n’ Cream: 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons whipped topping.
- Stuffed Figs: Two small dried figs with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ricotta stuffed inside. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Oats n’ Berries: ⅓ cup rolled oats (cooked with water), topped with cinnamon and ¼ cup freshberries.
- Dark Chocolate: One block, or three squares.
- Nut-Stuffed Date: One Medjool Date filled with one teaspoon natural unsalted almond butter.
- Chocolate Milk: 6 ounces skim milk mixed with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup.
- Cinnamon Applesauce: 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (like Motts). Or, try this homemade version!
- Citrus-Berry Salad: 1 cup mixed berry salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries) tossed with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Maple-Pumpkin Yogurt: ½ cup non-fat regular yogurt (go Greek for extra protein!) with 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon maple syrup… like this!
- Chocolate Pudding: One 4oz package. Try a fat/sugar free version or a homemade one!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Five strawberries dipped in two squares melted dark chocolate.
- Tropical Juice Smoothie: ¼ cup pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice, blended with ice.
- Vanilla and Banana Smoothie: ½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth.
- MYO Banana Chips: One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.
- Baked Apple: One tennis ball-sized apple, cored, filled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, and baked until tender.
- Fruity Waffles: One 7-grain frozen waffle toasted and topped with ¼ cup fresh mixed berries.
- Skinny S’more: Two graham crackers with one roasted marshmallow and one small square dark chocolate.
- Cinnamon Graham Crackers & Peanut butter: Two graham cracker squares with 1 teaspoon peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Cereal and Milk: ½ cup rice krispies with ½ cup skim milk.
- Milk n’ Cookies: Five animal crackers with ½ cup skim milk.
- Warm Spiced Cider: 6 ounces apple cider with sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg, warmed.
- Citrus Sherbet: ½ cup lime sherbet (about one standard-sized ice-cream scoop) with ½ sliced kiwi.
- Café Latte: 8 ounces steamed skim milk with 1 shot espresso.
- Jelly Beans: 25 of ‘em! Although we don’t recommend these.
- Marshmallow Pear: ½ pear diced and topped with 1 tablespoon marshmallow fluff.
- Protein Shake: One scoop protein powder with 8 ounces water (choose from tasty powder flavors like cookies n’ cream and chocolate peanut butter!).
- M.Y.O. Popsicle: 8 ounces lemonade frozen in an ice pop mold, or use a small paper cup as a mold.
- Apple Chips: Munch on ¾ cup of kinds like these, or use this recipe
- Carrots n’ Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.
- Pistachios: A couple handfuls— about 25 nuts (Crackin’ them open will take more time and avoid grabbing 25 more).
- Cheese n’ Crackers: Five Kashi 7-grain crackers with 1 stick reduced-fat string cheese.
- Dippy Egg: Oneover easy egg with ½ slice whole-wheat toast, sliced (to dip in yolk!).
- Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato (about 5 inches long) cooked for six minutes in the microwave and mashed with 1 teaspoon curry, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- “Cheesy” Popcorn: 2 cups air-popped popcorn with 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast— it’ll taste like real cheese!
- Guacamole stuffed Egg Whites: Halve a hardboiled egg, remove yolk, and stuff the empty space with 2 tablespoons guacamole (avocado, lime, cilantro and salt).
- Grilled Spinach and Feta Polenta: 3 oz polenta (about the size of a deck of cards) cooked with 1 ½ cups water and topped with 1 teaspoon feta cheese and a handful spinach.
- Soy Edamame: ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- Dijon Pretzels: Two pretzel rods with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- Crunchy Curried Tuna Salad: ½ cup canned tuna with 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, and two ribs celery (chopped).
- Greek Tomatoes: One tomato (about the size of a tennis ball) chopped and mixed with 1 tablespoon feta and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Shrimp Cocktail: Eight medium sized shrimp boiled and served with 2 tablespoons classic cocktail sauce.
- Smoked Beef Jerky: About 1 ounce— look for low sodium versions!
- Cheddar and Tomato Soup: ½ cup tomato soup with 1 tablespoon shredded low-fat cheddar cheese.
- Kale Chips: ½ cup raw kale— stems removed— baked with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp.
- Sweet Potato Fries: One light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Cucumber Sandwich: ½ English muffin with 2 tablespoons cottage cheese and three slices of cucumber.
- Turkey Roll-Ups: Four slices smoked turkey rolled up and dipped in 2 teaspoons honey mustard.
- Mixed Olives: About 8 olives.
- Antipasto Plate: One Pepperocini, a ½ inch cube of cheddar cheese, one slice pepperoni, and one olive.
- Pumpkin Seeds: 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) and baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Choco-Soy Nuts: 3 tablespoons soy nuts with 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs.
- Wasabi Peas: About ⅓ cup of these green treats.
- Balsamic Veggies: 3 cups raw peppers (any color!) dipped in 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction.
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus: Four spears (spritzed with olive-oil spray) and topped with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, baked for 10 minutes at 400°.
- Cucumber salad: One large cucumber (sliced) with 2 tablespoons chopped red onion and 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar.
- Spinach and Feta Egg-White Scramble: Three egg whites scrambled and mixed with ½ cup rawspinach and 1 tbsp feta cheese. Cook in frying pan or zap in microwave until egg whites are no longer runny (about 1-2 minutes).
- Crunchy Kale Salad: 1 cup kale leaves chopped with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Chick Pea Salad: ¼ chickpeas with 1 tablespoon sliced scallions, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ¼ cup diced tomatoes.
- Grilled Garlic Corn on the Cob: One small-sized ear brushed with 1 teaspoon sautéed minced garlic and 1 teaspoon olive oil, grilled until tender.
- Pretzels & Cream Cheese: 15mini pretzel sticks with 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese.
- Bacon Brussels Salad: Seven brussel spouts thinly sliced and mixed with one piece lean bacon, chopped.
- Rosemary Potatoes: ⅓ cup thinly sliced potato tossed with 1 teaspoons olive oil and a teaspoon of chopped rosemary.
- Spicy Black Beans: ¼ cup black beans with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Caprese Salad: 1 ounce (hockey puck sized) of fresh mozzarella with ½ cup cherry tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Goldfish: About 40 fishies…try the cheddar kind!
- Chips n’ Salsa: 10 baked tortilla chips with ¼ cup salsa.
- Mini Ham Sandwich: Two slices honey-baked ham with 2 teaspoons honey mustard rolled in a lettuce leaf.
- Lox Bagel: ½ whole-wheat mini bagel with two thin slices of lox.
Sweet & Salty
- Chocolate Trail Mix: Eight almonds, four chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon raisins.
- Apples and Cheese: 1 non-fat mozzarella cheese stick with half of a baseball-sized apple (any variety), sliced.
- PB & Celery: 1 medium celery stalk with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
- Cottage Cheese Melon Boat: 1 cup melon balls with ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese.
- Carrot and Raisin Salad: 1 cup shaved carrots with 2 tablespoons raisins and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Tropical Cottage Cheese: ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese with ½ cup fresh mango and pineapple, chopped.
- Blue-Cheese Stuffed Apricots: Three dried apricots with 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese.
- Rice Cake and Almond Butter: One rice cake (try brown rice!) with 2 teaspoons almond butter.
- Sweet n’ Spicy Pecans: Five pecans roasted with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Apples n’ Peanut Butter: ½ an apple, sliced and dipped in 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Crackers: Four wheat thins dipped in 1 teaspoon Nutella (or other hazelnut spread).
- Strawberry Salad: 1 cup raw spinach with ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon balsamic.
- Cacao-Roasted Almonds: Pop in eight almonds like these!
Minutes to Prepare: 10Minutes to Cook: 25Number of Servings: 16
IngredientsOlive Oil Spray for pan
2/3 cup mild honey (preferably organic)
1/3 cup natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup white, whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 TBSP olive oil
1 large egg, at room temp
3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
DirectionsMakes 16 (2”) brownies
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8 inch square pan with olive oil. Set aside.
Place the honey in a large glass measuring cup, Microwave on high power until the honey is runny and just bubbling, 45 to 60 seconds. Add the cocoa and stir with a fork until well combined. Let cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl, place the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well combined.
In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, egg, and vanilla. Whisk together until well blended. Add the honey-cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir until no traces of flour remain. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake until the surface looks dry around the edges of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, about 25 min. Do not overbake. Place the plan on a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing into 16 squares. (Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days.)
Number of Servings: 16I made these for my daddy’s birthday!! Super duper yum :)
THINK THIN : Berry 60 calories muffins. (ie. Clicking on the picture will bring you to the source, not my recipe :)
14 baby carrots - boiled then pureed
1 Banana - To be mashed with the carrots
1/3 C quick oats
1 C cereal of choice
3 egg whites
1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
.5 C berries of choice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon, sweetener and nut meg to taste
1/8 tsp creme of tartar
- In a food processor blend the oats and cereal of choice until they reach a flour like texture. Set Aside in a medium bowl
- In a food processor pureed the baby carrots and the banana - slowly add your scoop of protein powder. Once blended, mix this mixture with the oats & cereal
- *IMPORTANT STEP* beat the egg whites to room temperature until they reach soft peeks. Slowly adding sweetener of choice and creme of tartar.
- Slowly fold the meringue mixture with the rest of the ingredients. The thick paste should become more fluid as you fold the meringue - add in your berries.
- If you find your mixture to thick I suggest adding a dash of almond milk
- Put in the oven at 350 for 18 minutes. Close the temperature but leave the muffins in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Calories : 60 Carb: 9g Fat: 1g Protein: 5g Sodium: 32g Fiber: 1g
3 Ingredient Easy Peasy Mac and Cheesy (I’m corny I know)
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (Your flavor choice)
- 2 Handfuls of Frozen Peas (Or any other frozen veggie you like)
The only real “cooking” is boiling the macaroni, the rest is just assembly pretty much. Put the peas in the pasta water with the macaroni towards the end of cooking (Save some water in case you want to thin out your sauce). After you drain the pasta and peas return to cooking pot and add wedge. I cut it up a little to make it go faster. Mix until fully melted. Season to taste (lots of pepper for me :)). Eat!
270 Cals | 11g Protein | 11g Iron | 6g Fiber | 4g Fat
mac & cheese is my downfall, seriously whenever it’s around I have an almost impossible time controlling myself. I will be picking these items up at the grocery store on sunday, can’t wait to try it!
Reblogged before. Reblogging again. Omnom.
#CHOCOLATE LOVER? THIS #CHOCOVADO SHAKE IS FOR YOU!
On Monday I had joined a couple of girl friends at a pool and it was so hot outside that we went to the snack counter and split a vanilla milkshake 3 ways! This shake was the old fashioned milkshake that has a million calories in it. Normally I would not opt for such a high calorie snack. This got me thinking…is there a way to enjoy a milkshake without all the calories and enjoy it just as much?
Yesterday I decided to search the internet for such a recipe…and it seems there are many people out there drinking chocolate smoothies out there without drinking a million calories per serving! It is a Chocolate Avocado Banana Smoothie. I will call it “Choco-vado-shake”. And its delicious, rich, satisfying and cold…all those things I desire during the summer.
Here is how to make it: serves 1, but double for 2
- 1 frozen banana
- 1.5 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup skim milk (you may use almond milk, i heard this is good too)
Blend on highest setting for 1 minute until smooth. It is very thick, so much so, I was eating it with a spoon and it tasted like chocolate mouse! Delicious!
You may add greens if you want it to be a green chocolate smoothie…spinach would probably be the best choice because it is the most mild flavored green.
Enjoy this smoothie!
Chocolate Protein Popsicles!
- 2/3 banana
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used chocolate designer whey)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste (I just poured in and estimated)
Mix everything in a blender, pour into molds, and freeze!
These ingredients made exactly 4 popsicles for me. Each one has 70 calories and 8 g of protein!
Grilled sandwich on a mini whole wheat pita! Kale, cherry tomatoes, sprouts, mozzarella cheese, tempeh mmmmmmm :)
(Source: , via getsmart-gethealthy-deactivated)